Here’s another way to enjoy the Vietnamese Grilled Pork: Bún Thịt Nướng! (or “dry Phở” like my husband calls it). This noodle salad is very tasty, filling and refreshing. Prep to table in less than 15 minutes by using leftover grilled pork and a handful of fresh ingredients. Simply put everything into a large bowl, mix and done!
The grilled pork, pickled carrots and daikon and the sauce are the key ingredients to this dish. Otherwise we switch up bean sprouts for bell peppers or cabbage from time to time for added flavor and nutrients.
Đồ Chua – Picked Carrots and Daikon and Nước Chấm – Dipping Sauce are easy to make – takes less than 10 minutes and can last up to 4 weeks! Which means you make them ahead of time to whip up this noodle salad or Bánh Mì in 5-7 minutes tops. Hooray for that!
Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Noodles – Bún Thịt Nướng
Servings: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Detailed recipe for the grilled pork : Vietnamese Grilled Pork – Thịt Nướng
Detailed recipe for condiment : Picked Carrots & Daikon Đồ Chua
- Cooked Vietnamese Grilled Pork – Thịt Nướng
- Vermicelli rice noodles
- Pickled carrots and daikon
- Bean sprouts
- Fresh mint
- Roasted peanuts
- Jalapeno or chili peppers (optional)
Nước Chấm Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 – 2 minced chili pepper or garlic chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to directions and set aside to cool
- Wash and chop lettuce, cucumbers, and cilantro and set aside
- Make the sauce – add sugar to hot water, stir until dissolved, add remaining ingredients and stir until combined
Assemble Noodle Bowl
- ½ cup cooked grilled pork
- 1 cup cooked rice noodles
- A small handful of each (about 1/4 cup):
- lettuce, cucumbers, picked carrots and daikon, bean sprouts
- Add all prepared ingredients into a large bowl, topped with cilantro, mint, peanuts and peppers if using and 2 -3 tablespoons of sauce, give it a quick stir and enjoy!
- Add egg rolls and/or grilled shrimp – turn it into a special dish – Bún Đặc Biệt
- Tip: pick up egg rolls from your favorite restaurant and add to the noodles
- Bean sprouts, cilantro and mint not pictured but was added
3 thoughts on “Vietnamese Grilled Pork with Noodles – Bún Thịt Nướng”
Pingback: Vietnamese Pickled Carrots & Daikon – Đồ Chua – FunSpiration
So yum! I add cabbage as a raw side dish, the kiddos love it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sounds delicious! 💖